Pharmacy Technician (anticoagulation)
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs|
The Clinical Pharmacy Technician shall provide and support the clinical operations of the Anticoagulation Clinic and its clinical pharmacists. Duties include, but not limited to:|
* patient appointment review, stocking of clinical supplies, monitoring clinic flow to ensure timely patient visits
* obtain and assess information on compliance, medication dosages, medication changes, alcohol consumption, smoking, bleeding symptoms and general state of health communicating information to pharmacists
* initiating electronic progress notes in CPRS for pharmacist review
* reviewing medication changes, adherence, and compliance of therapy and reporting findings to the pharmacists
* monitoring laboratory data as appropriate
* telephone support; rescheduling patients, phone interviews, and triaging
* ability to solve problems and make recommendations for appropriate action
* skill in managing a workload and setting priorities where multiple assignments and deadlines are involved
* ability to communicate with a variety of individuals, to include patients and healthcare professionals, verbally, via telephone, and in writing to provide concise medication related information and instructions
* knowledge of various computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc) and ability to collect and analyze data for quality improvement purposes
* knowledge of computerized prescription processing
GRADE DETERMINATIONS: Grade/step is determined by the Professional Standards Board and is based on education and experience.
References: for more information, go to: http://vaww1.va.gov/ohrm/directives-handbook/documents/5005.pdf
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: moderate lifting and carrying; 15-44lbs; pulling, pushing, reaching, walking, standing, kneeling, and bending; use of fingers, hands, legs; ability to rapid mental and muscular coordination imultaneously, near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; ability to distinguish basic color and shades of color.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other Veterans Document
VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf ) (required).
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options . The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1159250.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.