This position is responsible for strategic leadership and management of corporate purchasing of specialty pharmaceutical products for Prime’s specialty pharmacy, working collaboratively with pharmaceutical industry to gain access to limited distribution drugs and to negotiate Fee For Service agreements with pharmaceutical industry in support of Prime Specialty Pharmacy. This position includes contract negotiation, forecasting, budgeting and strategic sourcing planning. This position will participate in the development of strategic purchasing recommendations.
• Negotiate distribution/procurement agreements with specialty pharmaceutical manufacturers, and ensure successful implementation of agreements to ensure compliance and full realization of distribution fees. Assure coordination with corporate goals and establishment of performance standards. Participate in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives concerning wholesalers and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
• Participate in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives concerning any elements of fee for service contracting including, but not limited to: data, compliance/persistency, patient management services and other quality initiatives.
• Manage fee for service arrangements with specialty brand pharmaceutical manufacturer. Represent Prime’s objectives and perspective to specialty pharmaceutical manufacturers and communicate to ensure understanding of mutual objectives.
• Manage corporate procurement relationships with specialty brand pharmaceutical manufacturers, and specialty pharmacies as needed. Represent Prime’s objectives and perspective to specialty pharmaceutical manufacturers and communicate to ensure understanding of mutual objectives.
• Provide leadership in the areas of problem resolution, team development, and personal development. Serve as a department resource for escalated client issues, contract analysis, and contract language needs in specialty procurement contracting.
• Work closely with Specialty team to develop specialty portfolio strategy and to source specialty products in a historically-tight specialty drug market.
• Assist leadership in a variety of business development initiatives to drive profit and to enhance pharmaceutical manufacturer relationships
• Create annual budgets and monthly forecasts related to the procurement of specialty pharmaceutical products for Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy.
• Conduct performance reviews, quarterly check-ins and staff 1:1s to guide performance management and employee development efforts and manage toward departmental goals, including quality and process improvement efforts
• Represents Prime Specialty to Prime’s leadership, industry and trade groups
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience • 3-5 years pharmaceutical drug distribution experience • Specialty pharmacy procurement experience • 5 or more years of previous supervisory or management experience
• Masters Degree, MHA or MBA preferred • Ability to develop strong relationships with pharmaceutical manufacturer community and convert these relationships into profit for Prime. • Analytic skills required to understand key financial analysis and measures to negotiate agreements which maximize these measures. • Results orientated: Hands-on and flexible as well as a creative problem solver. Decisive, action-oriented, a skilled negotiator willing to take calculated risks. • Leadership and motivational skills: Proven ability to lead and motivate a team. A committed mentor, people-developer and team builder who provides necessary guidance and delegates appropriately. • Collaborative style: Capability to work effectively in a team-based organization. Collaborate cross-functionally. Lead by example. • Communication skills: Able to openly, positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
Prime Therapeutics' fast-paced and dynamic work environment is ideal for proactively addressing the constant changes in today's health care industry. Our employees are involved, empowered, and rewarded for their achievements. We value new ideas and work collaboratively to provide the highest quality of care and service to our members.
If you are looking to advance your career within a growing, team-oriented, award-winning company, apply to Prime Therapeutics today and start making a difference in people's lives.
Prime Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.