Associate Director of Outpatient Pharmacy
|Employer:|| Pharmacy Systems, Inc.|
This leader will be responsible to:
1. Manage the activities of the ambulatory pharmacies.
2. Maintain appropriate pharmacy staffing; provide staff development and evaluation to ensure compliance with regulatory issues and to promote optimal patient care; recommend and/or administer disciplinary actions or commendations according to policies and procedures; perform in a supervisory capacity and is responsible for the recruitment and training of all personnel for which he/she has line authority.
3. Maintain a system of financial and inventory control according to Pharmacy System's, Inc. standards.
4. Consult with and make recommendations to the Director of Pharmacy regarding pharmacy issues
5. Read and interpret physicians' orders and ensure appropriate dispensing and follow-up related to drug therapy to promote the safe and effective use of drugs.
6. Evaluate drug orders for appropriateness with regard to patient condition, organ function, disease state, and concomitant therapies to promote optimal patient outcomes.
7. Consult with and provide information and guidance to various Medical, Nursing, and other Health Care Professionals concerning drugs and their appropriate use to promote safe and effective drug therapy.
8. Provide timely medication dispensing to customers to promote positive patient outcomes and customer satisfaction.
9. Interact with sick, injured, or disabled patients to determine allergy status, medication history, medication-taking
· Pharmacy license in good standing.
· Management experience in a healthcare/hospital environment.
· Ability to solve problems, establish trust and credibility.
· Deal effectively with change.