- Read and interpret physicians' orders and ensure appropriate dispensing and follow-up related to drug therapy to promote the safe and effective use of drugs within the hospital.
- Evaluate drug orders for appropriateness with regard to patient condition, organ function, disease state, and concomitant therapies to promote optimal patient outcomes.
- Consult with and provide information and guidance to various Medical, Nursing, and other Health Care Professionals concerning drugs and their appropriate use to promote safe and effective drug therapy.
- Ensure that drugs are available to patients at the time they are needed to avoid delays in therapy and promote positive patient outcomes.
- Interact with sick, injured, or disabled patients to determine allergy status, medication history, medication-taking behavior, health status and to educate patients regarding therapy as necessary.
- Respond to emergency situations outside of regularly scheduled work hours to meet patients’ drug needs.
- Assume the duties of the Director of Pharmacy in his/her absence to manage the daily activities of the department.
- Licensed Pharmacist.
- Hospital experience is preferred.