At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Family: Marketing and Product Mgmt
What Marketing and Product Mgmt contributes to Cardinal Health
Marketing and Product Management is responsible for defining the market strategy, including product offering, pricing, positioning, distribution and promotion to drive the overall success of the business.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Marketing for functional success
- Provides leadership to Managers (M2); may also manage first-line supervisors and/or professional staff
- Develops financial and operational objectives
- Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives
- Contributes to functional strategy development
- Has in-depth functional expertise and broad business knowledge
- Applies expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, that support the organization strategy; influences others to support the decisions
- Role models Cardinal Health's high ethical standards and code of conduct
- Creates challenging roles and responsibilities to build organization capabilities and fill capability gaps
- Implements succession plan for managing talent within and from outside the organization
- Sets goals for the function/ work area that are aligned with function/organization goals
- Inspires others to meet/exceed expectations on a daily basis through own enthusiasm and energy
- Identifies and initiates efforts to achieve objectives, teaching others to accept accountability for meeting and stretching to exceed results in a timely and cost effective manner
- Manages resources to ensure financial objectives are met, leveraging knowledge of competitive advantage and profit drivers
- Anticipates internal/external business issues to align operational priorities, strategies and tactics
- Constructs meaningful strategies for addressing future business scenarios
- Develops relationships with key internal/external customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges
- Develops value-added solutions that meet customer business needs and shares key learnings with others
- Resolves complex problems
- Recognizes and rewards innovative thinking, responsible risk taking and the achievement of operational excellence
- Develops broad influence through a robust set of internal/external relationships across the organization; promotes win-win outcomes within, among and across teams, using the diverse perspectives of others to achieve results
- Influences customer and/or organizational leadership through effective listening and communication to accomplish operational objectives
Accountabilities in this role
- Develop and oversee strategies for managed care and patient care services.
- Oversee and execute managed care offering strategy and growth, relationships with Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) and industry trade associations, contract negotiations and network management of managed care programs.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain all managed healthcare pharmacy networks to provide 'best in class' PSAO and Regional Chain services.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain services that improve patient care and pharmacy performance on CMS’ Star Ratings.
- Develop and manage PBM/PDP/Health Plan executive relationships.
- Educate pharmacy customers and advisory boards on managed care, ongoing industry changes and strategies for future success.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years experience with healthcare and/or pharmacy experience
- 5+ years experience in management
- Registered Pharmacist a plus
- Prior experience in managed care network administration, including previous experience in the insurance, healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Prior experience in leading operations and administrative functions in a service organization.
- Excellent communications, presentation and writing skills
- Excellent work ethic, including the ability to achieve with minimal supervision.
- Ability to observe high levels of business protocol and to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to form and maintain relationships with senior internal and external executives.
- Ability to build and manage strong teams in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet sensitive timelines.