What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in medicine. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together.
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 32,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: excellence in the provision of healthcare services to communities in the Intermountain region.
Our patients deserve the best in medicine, and we deliver.
This position is responsible to provide overall strategic direction and leadership for specialty pharmacy services throughout Intermountain Healthcare. This position is responsible for management of operations including cost-effective service delivery, the overall customer experience, clinical effectiveness and patient safety, development and implementation of quality improvement programs, human resources management, regulatory compliance, program growth and development, and finance and budgeting. This position serves as the operations expert regarding specialty pharmacy services, and payer and contracting strategies. This is a system-wide leadership role reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President of Pharmacy Services. This position is responsible for all aspects of specialty pharmacy services throughout Intermountain Healthcare.
- Responsible for the strategic vision, goals, and initiatives associated with specialty pharmacy services. Works collaboratively with pharmacy directors and managers, operations officers, and executive leadership within Intermountain Healthcare to ensure continued progress toward achievement of shared goals and full-scale integration.
- Develops standards and accountability for service excellence. Sets aggressive goals with staff and leadership to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Ensures that all processes associated with the medication-use cycle are evidence-based and in compliance with all regulations. Ensures that sufficient internal controls, system redundancies, and tracking mechanisms are in place and followed in the prescribed manner.
- Ensures appropriate ordering, receiving, and shipping of pharmaceuticals and ensures effective inventory management practices are followed. Ensures that contractual obligations of vendors are met and takes appropriate corrective action when deviations are identified.
- Identifies opportunities to capture labor and product-associated efficiencies and is accountable for tracking key performance indicators. Ensures that down-time procedures and contingency plans are created, appropriate, and followed by team members when needed.
- Provides regular written communications updates to stakeholders to ensure that the activities, benefits, challenges, and operational responses associated with the specialty pharmacy services are understood. Establishes reporting systems, performance standards, and methodology for measuring performance of personnel. Develops and updates policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures pertinent to specialty pharmacy services.
- Models and fosters an environment of professionalism, continuous learning, and clinical excellence. Ensures that team members are competent operationally, clinically, and financially. Develops employee retention strategies focusing on professional growth and development and provides effective leadership for direct reports and for those with dotted-line relationships.
- Leads or participates in governance councils and committees as assigned and actively participates and promotes the educational programs that Intermountain Healthcare sponsors or promotes.
- Responsible for capital and operations budgeting processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy and an advanced degree from an accredited institution (Degree will be verified)
- License to practice pharmacy and dispense controlled substances in the State of Utah
- Eight years pharmacy operations management experience with expert knowledge regarding specialty pharmacy services strategies and tactics
- Experience in a role requiring excellent planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Proven ability to lead strategic planning ongoing business reviews and manage complex projects
- Experience in a role requiring the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience in a role requiring skills related to balancing clinical, regulatory and financial goals and outcomes and collaborating with all levels within an organization
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications
- Experience in a role requiring excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Hearing / Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
- Previous experience as a director of pharmacy
- Master of Business Administration, Master of Healthcare Administration, Doctor of Pharmacy, or a Master of Science in Health Policy and Pharmacotherapy Outcomes Research Degree
- Board certification by the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties
- Completion of a specialized ASHP-accredited pharmacy residency program
- An integrated health care systems orientation
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V