|At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Pharmacy Operations
Family: Health System Pharmacy
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers; may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of a specialty subject or service in health systems
- Consults and makes recommendations to support specialty subjects or services within the health systems
- Analyzes, interprets and develops policies and procedures for regulatory and accreditation standards that impact multiple sites
- Leads implementation of best practice standards in a health system setting to optimize patient care and reduce cost
What is expected of you and others at this level in Pharmacy Operations for functional success
Accountabilities in this role
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Jointly develops practical implementation plans that consider cultural sensitivities with other accountable parties.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
- 6-8 years related pharmacy experience
- Ability to become licensed pharmacist in state (s) of pharmacy operation