What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in medicine. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together.
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 32,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: excellence in the provision of healthcare services to communities in the Intermountain region.
Our patients deserve the best in medicine, and we deliver.
The pharmacy technician works collaboratively with other pharmacy staff to provide pharmaceutical services in a clean, neat and safe environment. This important position is responsible for supporting the pharmacist in the performance of their responsibilities in order to provide pharmaceutical services. The pharmacy technician assists the pharmacist in preparing and dispensing medications, provides comprehensive technical and supportive services to customers and medical staff. The pharmacy technician has an essential role in providing excellent, accurate and quality care. This role is an important link in the healing treatment of patients.
- Will be expected to complete core competency pharmacy technician assessment within 6 months of hire.
- Provides service excellence to patients, pharmacists, other technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with all staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
- Is competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned, and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
- Understands and is compliant to all state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
- Participates and supports the fiscal responsibility of the department, facility and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
- Provides delivery of medications, information and/or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities and projects.
- Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacists on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
Entry Rate: 11.98
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This is a full-time 40 hour a week position.
Department: The Intermountain Medical Center outpatient retail pharmacy - Medical Center Pharmacy.
Additional Details: This position will require working some weekends (not all) and some holidays.
- Utah licensure as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Carrying, hearing;listening, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V