Requisition Number: 63305
City: CO-Canon City
Physical Location: STM-ST THOMAS MORE
Department Name: STM PHARMACY
Status: Full Time
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hours per Pay Period: 80
Required Education: Doctorate Degree
Required Experience: 3 years
Certificate/Licensure: Certification Required
Contact Information: Sue Forster
Develops, administers, directs and coordinates strategic and tactical operational activities and programs directly related to the Pharmacy services. Includes evaluating and providing quality services to the identified service lines that are with team members to reduce the gaps and overcome the barriers. Participates as a strong strategic role as well as a tactical role of insuring that work processes are designed to produce high quality clinical outcomes cost effectively. Partners with the teams that provide care not only for Pharmacy Services, but for all Clinical Services.
FINANCIAL ACUMEN -
• Developing and tracking both operational and capital budgeted items against actual expenditures within acceptable medical loss ration parameters (as determined as the Pharmacy Services portion of facilities costs as a ratio of collected premium and reimbursed fees). Prepares and submits capital budget requests that meet the objectives of the strategic and tactical business plans of the organization. Additionally, implements cost efficient strategies within each service unit. Utilizes a thorough understanding of financial concepts and guidelines in managing the entire functional group.
• Develops quantifiable indicators.
• Monitors and reports expected results.
• Identifies and incorporates action plans to achieve budgetary compliance.
• Responsible for formulary management.
• Oversees purchasing of pharmaceuticals and IV solutions/supplies in compliance with GPO contracts.
• Ensures security, proper storage, and accountability of medications throughout the hospitals and outpatient pharmacies.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT -
• Determining where integration efforts will be most effective, including identifying areas for improving processes and systems.
• Develops an annual QI Departmental Services Plan with monitoring and reporting of expected results along with action plans for improvements.
• Maintains and improves pharmacy services. This includes justification of services, assuring appropriate provision of pharmaceutical care
• Develops an annual Departmental Services Strategic Plan with monitoring and reporting of expected results along with action plans for improvements. Identifies department, program, and facility trends and develops proposals (along with cost benefit analysis) to positively impact these trends.
• Creating a vision for the Clinical Coordinator’s or Team Leader’s development which includes goal setting and identifying gaps in the delivery of care that can be reduced through improvement.
• Coordinating and providing network resources for unit teams in improving service and delivering services as part of larger, horizontal teams which adhere to providing care along the continuum.
• Mentoring and coaching leaders and team members in better understanding their roles in providing care. Improving systems they own to include operationalizing detailed development plans that address personal improvement of competencies needed to be successful as a care given and team member.
• Communicating collaboratively to all customer groups to insure that processes and systems used in the Pharmacy Services are thoroughly understood.
• Provides internal and external resource guidance for the unit leaders as thy determine ways to improve their processes and systems by accessing networks of resources.
• B.S. or Pharm.D. degree required
• Prefer M.S. or M.B.A.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 3 years in supervisory/management role
• Skills in analytical thinking and interpersonal relationships
• Understanding of all aspects of inpatient and outpatient pharmacy services
• Experience in formulary management (i.e., P&T, MUE, and ADR reporting programs)
• Experience working with multidisciplinary teams; management and communication skills
• Education or experience in utilizing continuous quality improvement methods, employee relations, team coaching, and self-directed work teams
• Licensed in Colorado
St. Thomas More Hospital, a 55-bed acute care facility, is the cornerstone of health care services for Fremont County and surrounding communities. The St. Thomas More Physician Group features The Medical Home, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology services, general surgery, orthopedic surgery and osteopathic treatment. Hospital services include 24-hour emergency and trauma services with five physicians who are board certified in emergency medicine, inpatient acute care, Intensive Care Unit, The Birth Center, diagnostic imaging, surgical services, rehabilitation services, sleep disorder center and community blood bank. St. Thomas More was rated five stars for joint replacement and among the top 15% in the nation for total joint replacement by HealthGrades® from 2008 to 2010. St. Thomas More’s s strength lies in our ability to deliver world-class care to people where and when they need it most. We provide care that transcends the walls of a hospital and connections to top expertise and technology.
For more information about St. Thomas More Hospital, visit http://www.stmhospital.org/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs