Works to optimize clinical work processes. Responsible for coordinating aspects of analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of purchased or internally developed clinical information system applications. Provides application support to assigned clinical systems.
1. Works with IS Department colleagues and all end users to provide timely, respectful, and comprehensive communication for the purpose of the customer.
2. Coordinates and participates in aspects of system analysis, planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of clinical information systems.
3. Coordinates and participates in efforts towards maintaining components of clinical information systems including revisions, testing, and integration of changes in components.
4. Prepares detailed program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates system installations with the user department.
5. Provides application support, including problem analysis, user assistance queries, application issues/enhancement requests, systems upgrades and quality monitoring.
6. Plans and coordinates upgrades to current clinical applications and assures that communication and training for end users is conducted.
7. Participates in or leads the evaluation of clinical applications and provides recommendations to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
8. Participates in the development of basic tenets and principles into operable policies, procedures, systems, methods, instruction guides and training aids for system-wide application.
9. Plans and provides computer training and orientation activities for current and in-coming personnel, students, and faculty.
10. Maintain a detailed understanding and work knowledge of the current clinical applications, their functions and relationship to other information systems within the enterprise.
11. Maintains accurate project documentation to include but not limited to minutes, issues reports, status reports, cost reports, benefit measurements, project schedules and key decisions.
12. Prepares and maintains contingency plans.
13. Mentors new employees.
14. Performs other job related responsibilities as requested.
Required: Bachelor Degree in Health Information Management, Nursing, Accounting, Management of Information Systems (MIS), computer science or equivalent.
Required: 3-5 years experience working in healthcare or business.
Desired: Experience in project management and systems analysis, and pharmacy experience
1. Ability to evaluate practice against standards and initiate change.
2. Demonstrated Project Management skills of all phases of software development life cycle.
3. Working knowledge of major computer hardware and software concepts including understanding of data networks, database management, and operating systems and interfaces.
4. Demonstrated MS Desktop product skills.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, engaging in direct, open, honest interaction with a willingness to listen, teach and learn.
6. Demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of staff members and external customers.
7. Demonstrated team development and facilitation skills, applied to redesign or work processes and integration.
8. Demonstrated ability to create, initiate, and integrate new concepts and practices to improve services.
9. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
10. Excellent understanding of clinical or business processes.
11. Demonstrated analytical skills; analyze complex tasks/systems/problems, determine possible solutions, and design, implement and evaluate most effective solution.
12. Strong attention to detail.
1. Ability to articulate issues and effects regarding standards including medical vocabularies and standard setting organizations (ASTM, ISO, E31, etc.).
2. Knowledge of health information management laws (federal and state), policies, regulation and precedent application to the development of the electronic medical or health record.
Required: RN, RHIA, RHIT, or CPA, as applicable, may be required for some positions.