Employment duration: Full time
Department: Pharmacy Distribution Center - Tewksbury
Full Time Quality Assurance Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Distribution Center / Tewksbury, MA
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Clinical Operations and Quality Assurance, the Quality Assurance Pharmacy Technician will work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment and attention to detail is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Normally receives no instructions on routine work with general instructions given on new assignments. Works under the direct supervision of a pharmacist to fill prescriptions and other pharmacy service duties as required. Organizes technician work load, schedules, trains, and maintains equipment.
**This position will require traveling to various CPS locations in Massachusetts as needed**
- High school graduate or equivalent. Diploma/GED/Associates Degree desired.
- Completion of a Pharmacy Technician Certification program or at least one year of training as a registered Pharmacy Technician.
- Certified pharmacy technician with MA license and registration
- Valid Drivers License and reliable vehicle
- Ability to take direction, provide instruction, and recognize the importance of and timing for reaching out to others to ensure high quality work output/performance.
- 2-3 years of administrative experience with and high proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, possession of strong organizational skills and attention to detail is important.
- Ability to function as part of a team with other team members within the company and the client.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are necessary as well as an ability to deal with everyone from front-line employees to top-level executives.
- Strong pharmacy/medical acumen needed.
- All job functions are to be completed with a high level of confidentiality.
- Experience working in an environment with daily exposure to medication names and terminology.
- Experience working with automated dispensing cabinets
Facility: The Pharmacy Distribution Center is located in the State Office of Pharmacy Services building. It serves approximately 44 sites with 22,000 beds and is managed by CPS.
Rewards: CPS full-time employees enjoy a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance / 401(k) with a Match / Paid Time Off (PTO) Program / Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability / Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance / Medical Flex and Dependent Care Accounts.
About us: Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, or CPS, is a pharmacy management services provider for more than 350 acute-care, long term acute care, behavioral, and specialty hospitals in 46 states. Since 1971 we have delivered pharmacy service value through our financial, operational, clinical, therapeutic, and regulatory expertise. And we are growing at a breathtaking rate. You will discover, along with 1800 other employees, that CPS is a company you are proud to grow with.