GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Responsible for developing, evaluating, and implementing operational/financial/clinical/ therapeutic practices and programs for the eight-hospital Central & West Texas Division of HCA in an effort to reduce supply cost, improve pharmacy drug trends and improve overall operating efficiencies. General oversight of multiple hospitals with responsibility for financial and operating performance outcomes. Responsibility includes standardization, utilization, and implementation of HCA and divisionlevel operational and clinical initiatives. Individual will support the Division Chief Operating Officer, the Division Supply Chain Officer and Division Clinical Resource Director in the review of pharmacy purchase trends. This individual is also responsible for developing pharmacy business process models to optimize and enhance operating results.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Manage the Division SCM operational processes specific to the Pharmacy arena to ensure achievement of the program's goals and objectives.
- Contribute to and support of Pharmacy-Related Supply Improvement Initiatives. The primary focus will be developing therapeutic formularies and clinical programs for key pharmaceutical product lines and services both at a Divisional and Corporate level.
- Oversight of division hospitals with financial and operational performance measurements and outcomes
- Develop additional new products and processes for Divisional and/or Company Standardization.
- Develop special projects as necessary.
- Maintain effective communications with corporate and division management, CRM/FRC personnel, and facility management.
- Develop working relationship with various Pharmacy subject matter experts, both at division and facility level.
- Identify best practices and trends in the Pharmaceutical industry, divisions and facilities, while suggesting/implementing activities in Supply Chain to enhance operations.
- Participate in all Division SCM activities, including conference calls for large and small groups, and various group presentations as necessary.
- Assist in developing key Pharmacy business process metrics to be implemented within the Division or HCA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Demonstrate organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet and word-processing applications.
- Ability to utilize distributor data for reviewing Division purchase trends
- Functional working knowledge of hospital pharmacy activities, P &T committee, and product management.
- Ability to create enthusiasm for new programs and different approaches to existing programs.
- Demonstrate quality improvement competencies.
- Understanding of utilization and productivity in a variety of clinical settings.
EDUCATION - B.S. in Pharmacy required; Pharm.D., MBA, or MS, preferred.
EXPERIENCE - More than 10 years pharmacy utilization and/ or director level operation's experience required.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - Licensed Pharmacist.