The Division Infectious Disease Pharmacist is responsible for oversight and management of an antimicrobial stewardship programs for the North Texas HCA Division facilities to include but not limited to:
KEY INTERACTIONS - Facility Directors of Pharmacy, Corporate Clinical Services Group, Facility Clinical Coordinators/Pharmacists, Division and Facility Quality Directors, Facility Risk Management, Facility Infection Control, Division Director of Clinical Pharmacy
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversees antimicrobial stewardship program for all facilities
- Develops core strategies for Antimicrobial Stewardship program
- Assists in development of facility antimicrobial stewardship teams and participate in committee meetings as needed
- Provides supporting documentation, "white papers" or other information needed to facilitate P&T Committee preparation as needed
- Ensures provision of education and support at HCA facilities with regard to clinical protocol justification, execution and implementation. Provides education through HPG and HCA support via webinar, tele-conference, live or other communication.
- Develops Key Performance Indicators and Dashboards related to Antimicrobial Utilization and Stewardship
- Prepares Antimicrobial portion of monthly Pharmacy Key Performance Indicator report
- Ensures appropriate and safe use of pharmacy technology related to antimicrobials including Automated Dispensing Technology, IV Pumps and Maximizing Order Entry System
- Develops and implement division antibiograms to improve antibiotic utilization and selection
- Maintains effective communication with facility directors and leadership teams on Antimicrobial Stewardship opportunities
- Assists in development of "best practice" recommendations for all areas of antimicrobial management
- Provides expertise and input to facilities on streamlining or de-escalation of drug therapy, dose optimization, IV to PO conversion, PD and PK dosing, appropriate utilization protocols and drug restrictions
- Assists in preparation and implementation of facility and COE policy and procedures as needed
- Serves as liaison with local pharmacy schools to develop student rotations and/or residencies in infectious disease
- Develops and maintain antimicrobial stewardship section of division website
- Assists in preparation and implementation of pharmacy staff competencies related to Antimicrobial Management
- Facilitates creation of a Division education program along with Division Clinical Director for pharmacists to promote improved patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned by DDOP
- Participates in Division Meetings as requested
- Participates in HCA Corporate Clinical Advisory Board and other committees as requested
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge - Has thorough knowledge of medications and clinical pharmacy activities. Able to interpret literature to provide formulary guidance and pharmacoeconomic data.
- Organization - proactively prioritized needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - Able to communicate (verbal and written) clearly and effectively to other health care providers including pharmacists, physicians and nurses. Fosters team environment by providing clinical education, support, training to staff members.
- Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering quality services
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations. Able to work with diverse work force.
- Policies and Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- PC Skills - proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and other required operating systems such as CPCS, Order Scanning Systems, Automated Dispensing Units, Packaging Equipment, Physician Order Entry, and Clinical Integration to systems
- Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage drug cost budget. Able to direct cost-effective drug therapy via clinical protocols.
- Project management - Able to assess work activities and allocate resources appropriately. Able to work independently and handle stress appropriately.
- Pharm.D. required
- Residency Training with ID emphasis or Board Certification preferred
- 3-5 years experience as a clinical pharmacist in a hospital setting
- Minimum 12 months experience in infectious disease setting
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - Licensed pharmacist