Reporting to the Specialty Pharmacy General Manager/Pharmacist-in-Charge, the Director, Specialty Trade Relations is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and enhancing effective relationships with all pharmaceutical manufacturers (Pharma) that produce specialty pharmaceuticals; and negotiating contracts with such manufacturers to ensure the specialty pharmacy can obtain specialty pharmaceuticals to meet the demands of its payers and patients. Further the Director, Specialty Trade Relations will ensure that the specialty pharmacy is in compliance with all agreements with payers, Pharma, and Navitus, including overseeing the administration of agreements within the specialty pharmacy, performance programs, reimbursement structure and payments of all pharmaceutical manufacturer agreements for the specialty pharmacy. The individual in this position will provide decision support through cost modeling, Pharma fees forecasting, and budget impact analysis. The individual will assist in the specialty pharmacy’s and Navitus’ proposal strategies to meet both the specialty pharmacy and Navitus (PBM) sales and growth needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· The Employee will act in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and with the highest ethical standards that we consistently strive to achieve. Thus, legal and ethical compliance is an essential duty of each employee.
· Negotiates distribution and procurement agreements with specialty pharmaceutical manufacturers and ensures successful implementation of agreements to ensure compliance and full realization of agreed upon fees.
· Participates in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives concerning specialty pharmacy opportunities including strategic partnerships and direct purchase arrangements, partnering with leadership and providing counsel to ensure that high quality Pharma contracting management programs are profitably developed
· Leading Pharma negotiations and working with others to proactively seek and capitalize on opportunities to profitably expand the scope of discounts and fair market value service fees that are obtained
· Manages corporate procurement relationships with specialty pharmaceutical manufacturers and other entities as needed.
· Ensuring the appropriate Pharma sources and internal and external people/resources are in place to meet the specialty pharmacy’s current and future needs
· Developing and successfully implementing strategies and action plans for establishing and enhancing a competitive Pharma contract structure which meets current and future needs of the specialty pharmacy, Navitus PBM, Payers, and patient/members. This includes ensuring that appropriate agreements, analytical processes, and audit programs are in place
· Represents client's objectives and perspective to specialty pharmacy and communicates to ensure understanding of mutual objectives.
· Provides leadership in the areas of problem resolution, team development and personal development. Ensures coordination with corporate goals and establishment of performance standards.
· Serves as a department resource for escalated client issues, contract analysis and contract language needs in specialty procurement contracting.
· Works closely with cross functional Teams to develop specialty pharmacy portfolio and to source specialty products in a competitive specialty drug market.
· Assists with the co-development and creation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts related to the procurement of specialty pharmaceutical products for specialty pharmacy.
· Support P & T committees of the specialty pharmacy, Navitus, and payers as required – Provide financial therapeutic class reviews & drug evaluations
· Manages toward departmental and corporate goals including quality and process improvement efforts.
· Represents Specialty Pharmacy in and at leadership, industry and trade groups.
· Up to 25% of Travel
Contacts and Relationships:
Internal: All levels within Navitus and the Specialty Pharmacy entity
External: Senior and other levels among Pharmaceutical manufacturers, customers, Payers, other vendors, consultants and others