VHA Inc., based in Irving, Texas, is a national network of not-for-profit health care organizations that works together to drive maximum savings in the supply chain arena, set new levels of clinical performance, and identify and implement best practices to improve operational efficiency and clinical outcomes. Since 1977, VHA has leveraged its expertise in analytics, contracting, consulting and networks to help members achieve their operational, clinical and financial objectives.
In 2011, VHA delivered record savings and value of $1.8 billion to members. VHA serves more than 1,350 hospitals and more than 72,000 non-acute care providers nationwide, coordinating delivery of its programs and services through its 13 regional offices. VHA has been ranked as one of the best places to work in health care by Modern Healthcare since the publication introduced this list in 2008.
Director, Performance Services – Clinical Pharmacy
Location: Virtual Office – Home based
This position will report to the Vice-President, Performance Services – Pharmacy. This role will manage the Clinical Pharmacy subject matter experts within specialization for Performance Services.
- Develops standards and methodologies for providing non-salary clinical pharmacy initiatives that result in optimal outcomes and reduce cost.
- Develops specialized service line to provide standalone engagements, components of larger integrated projects, and as complements to other service line engagements.
- Oversees and manages Performance Services Clinical Pharmacy projects and engagements.
- Serves as expert resource for Performance Services and VHA in maintaining and developing strong networks inside and outside VHA with national and regional organizations.
- A Masters in business or healthcare related fields is desired
- Previous pharmacy management experience is needed.
- At least five years hands-on clinical pharmacy experience in a progressive acute care medical center is required.
- Experience with Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee activities is desired.
- Board of Pharmacy registered preferred with Graduate training in an accredited College of Pharmacy (M.S. or post-baccalaureate Doctor of Pharmacy) OR have completed a clinically-oriented pharmacy residency (ASHP approved residency).
- Recognition or certification by the pharmacy profession is preferred (FASHP, BCPS).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software is required.
- Be able to travel nationwide up to 50%
VHA offers an exceptional employee benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V