VHA Inc., based in Irving, Texas, is a national network of not-for-profit health care organizations that work together to drive maximum savings in the supply chain arena, set new levels of clinical performance, and identify and implement best practices to improve operational efficiency and clinical outcomes.
Since 1977, VHA has leveraged its expertise in analytics, contracting, consulting and networks to help members achieve their operational, clinical and financial objectives.
In 2011, VHA delivered record savings and value of $1.9 billion to members. VHA serves more than 1,350 hospitals and more than 72,000 non-acute care providers nationwide, coordinating delivery of its programs and services through its 13 regional offices.
Implementation Manager – Pharmacy
Location: Virtual Office – North Carolina, Virginia or Maryland
The Pharmacy Implementation Manager will work with member hospitals and VHA Regional Offices to provide pharmacy consulting services. Specific areas of involvement will include proposal writing, following up with hospital executives, administrators, clinicians, and directors of pharmacy, to identify medication targets of opportunity to reduce costs as well as implementation of cost reduction initiatives.
- Consult with pharmacists to develop and implement clinical pharmacy programs that will reduce costs while maintaining or improving quality of care to patients.
- Develop and manage projects/initiatives for Health care Organizations targeting non-salary expense reduction with a focus on standardization and utilization.
- Analyze pharmaceutical purchases and conduct key prescriber interviews with the HCO's Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator to validate and estimate identified opportunities for improved formulary management such as:
- Maximizing market share and product standardization , resulting in best pricing
- Therapeutic interchange
- Automatic substitutions
- Appropriate dosing (via an analysis of strengths and concentrations purchased)
- IV to oral streamlining opportunities
- Work clinical leader to discuss and facilitate changes in formulary management
- Assist members with evaluating and positioning requests for new and significant formulary additions; develops draft protocols, clinical tools and order sets as directed.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy. PharmD is preferred
- A Masters in business or healthcare related fields is desired
- Must have significant hands-on clinical pharmacy experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience as a Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator with responsibility for at least five years in a progressive acute care medical center is required. Experience with Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee activities is desired.
- Board of Pharmacy registered preferred with Graduate training in an accredited College of Pharmacy (M.S. or post-baccalaureate Doctor of Pharmacy) and have completed a clinically-oriented pharmacy residency (ASHP approved residency).
- Recognition or certification by the pharmacy profession is preferred (FASHP, BCPS).
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software is required.
- Be able to travel within the region up to 50%
VHA offers an exceptional employee benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V