VHA is a health care provider alliance of more than 2,400 not-for-profit health care organizations. We help members deliver safe, effective and cost-efficient care. VHA has 13 regional offices in 48 states as well as an office in Washington D.C.
Founded in 1977, we are dedicated to the success of not-for-profit, community-based health care. To help our members meet the needs of their communities, our mission is to improve members' clinical and economic performance. We deliver on our mission by providing industry-leading supply chain management services and facilitating the development of member networks to drive sustainable results.
IMPLEMENTATION PHARMACY MANAGER
Location: Indiana or Ohio (virtual position)
Incumbent works with a defined group of regional member hospitals, their Pharmacy Steering Committee and the associated VHA Regional Office(s) to lead and coordinate the identification of opportunities and strategies to reduce non-salary pharmacy costs.
• Develop strategies and manage projects/initiatives for the assigned regional hospital network, targeting non-salary expense reduction with a focus on medication use standardization and appropriate utilization.
• For each hospital in an assigned network, analyze pharmaceutical purchases and engage clinical thought leaders to validate and estimate identified opportunities for improved formulary management utilizing strategies such as:
- Maximizing market share and product standardization, resulting in best pricing
- Therapeutic interchange
- Automatic substitutions
- Appropriate dosing
- IV to oral streamlining opportunities
- Consult with pharmacists and others to develop and implement clinical pharmacy programs that will reduce costs while maintaining or improving quality of care to patients.
- Work with clinical leaders to discuss and facilitate changes in formulary management
- Assist members with evaluating and positioning requests for new and significant formulary additions; develops draft protocols, clinical tools and order sets as directed.
- Lead, coordinate and communicate on a timely basis among a large group of stakeholders
- Provide appropriate reports, files and other documentation to support the position and member requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy. PharmD is preferred
- A Masters in business or healthcare related fields is desired
- Must have significant hands-on clinical pharmacy experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous Clinical and/or Managerial experience with responsibility for at least five years in a progressive acute care medical center is required. Experience with Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee activities is desired.
- Board of Pharmacy registered preferred with Graduate training in an accredited College of Pharmacy (M.S. or post-baccalaureate Doctor of Pharmacy) OR have completed a clinically-oriented pharmacy residency (ASHP approved residency).
- Recognition or certification by the pharmacy profession is preferred (FASHP, BCPS).
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software is required.
- Be able to travel nationwide up to 75%
VHA offers an exceptional employee benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V