As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is for the Prior Authorization department and there are
MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE in Tucson, AZ!
The Prior Authorization Pharmacist is responsible for reviewing Prior Authorization cases and rendering coverage determinations based on clinical criteria and plan design. The Prior Authorization Pharmacist will consult telephonically with physicians pertaining to questions and interpretations of clinical guideline criteria and coverage determinations rendered. Must have the demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
**M-F 8-4:30 Shift
In addition, the Prior Authorization Pharmacist will:
- Participate in inter-department meetings with the Clinical Services and Client Management teams
- Participate and contribute to the Prior Authorization clinical medication guideline development and revision process
- Participate in quality improvement and process enhancement projects as assigned by management
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacist license for the State of AZ or the ability to obtain this within 30 days
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy and/or PharmD degree
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook with the ability to navigate a Windows based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to professionalism
Preferred but not required:
- Experience working in a clinical pharmacy practice setting
- 1 year of experience as a practicing pharmacist
- Completion of a Pharmacy Residency
- Experience developing or operationalizing medication clinical guidelines and/or formulary development
- Experience working with a PBM company and/or managed healthcare system
- Prior Authorization experience
OptumRx is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. In the largest and most personal sense, your impact can be greater than even you thought at OptumRx.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.