Leadership Opportunities! Mission Valley-San Diego! Multiple Openings!
Due to a NEW business initiative, we are seeking experienced, analytical and motivated Pharmacy Operations Supervisors to lead a team in the GROWING PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management) Mail Service Pharmacy department in our Mission Valley-San Diego, CA office. In this fast-paced, rewarding and challenging role, you would manage approximately 35 employees (Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Clerks) to ensure productivity and improve current processes. Bring your pharmacy and supervisory and/or leadership experience to a company that recognizes your contributions and encourages employee advancement!
*Must be available and flexible to participate in overtime as needed, which may or may not require weekends*
Evening shift: Mon - Fri, 2:30p.m. to 11p.m
Daytime shift: Mon - Fri, with a morning start time that varies (8a.m. to 11a.m. timeframe)
Daytime shift: Tues - Sat, 8a.m. to 4:30pm
Primary responsibilities of the Supervisor will include:
- Monitoring and managing staff productivity and quality
- Personnel management (performance reviews, mentoring, coaching and development)
- Handling escalated calls to ensure member satisfaction and quick turnaround time
- Managing projects as needed
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for processes, policies and procedures
- Identifying potential issues that interfere with workflow
- Determining and implementing process improvements for quality assurance purposes
- Identifying trends and ensuring fair workload distribution
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Supervisor, Team Lead or equivalent leadership experience
- Must be willing and able to become a Nationally Certified Pharm Tech within 6 months of employment
- Must have strong leadership ability
- Customer Service experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be available to participate in overtime as needed, which may or may not require weekends
- Must be able to work the designated shifts
- 2 years of experience as a Pharm Tech
- Experience leading a team of 10 or more employees
- Quality assurance and/or process improvement experience
- PBM and/or Managed Care experience
- Call Center experience
- Analysis skills
- Bachelor's Degree
OptumRx is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. In the largest and most personal sense, your impact can be greater than even you thought at OptumRx.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.