The Vice President of Pharmacy Affairs holds a key position on the Senior Management team having responsibility for the overall strategy and operations of the Pharmacy Affairs Department including professional practice issues and programs that advance the practice of managed care pharmacy, academic affairs and research.
The incumbent will provide strategic leadership for the AMCP Foundation, a 501 c (3) non-profit organization and is responsible for the development of programs and fundraising opportunities as well as the overall management of the organization. Guidance and direction is provided by the Foundation Board of Trustees and reports directly to the AMCP CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and manage a comprehensive pharmacy affairs program aimed at meeting strategic goals of leadership, research and education to prepare managed care pharmacists for future innovative and entrepreneurial practice opportunities.
- Responsible for the general management and leadership of the pharmacy affairs staff including direction, coordination, and collaboration with other areas of the organization.
- Directs programs of managed care issues related to clinical, quality measurement and professional practices aspects of pharmacy.
- Oversees the Academy’s initiatives and management related to the schools/colleges and community pharmacy practice.
- Represent the Academy with members, state and national pharmacy associations, schools of pharmacy, pharmaceutical care innovators, manufacturers and managed care administrators.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Board of Directors to help establish policies that best serve the interest of AMCP members.
- Serve as a liaison to member committees.
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing foundation relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to obtaining monetary support for strategically aligned activities.
- Monitors and reports regularly on the progress of the development program. Establishes short and long range goals for funding sources and annual fundraising goals for specific programs.
- Designs and implements plans for developing key external partnerships by cultivating philanthropic support, and works to develop donor base/pipeline.
- Manages grant funding activities, including research of prospective funders; grant proposals, grant reports, annual reports and other publications related to fundraising. Manages grant proposal process, contracted grant writers and timely execution of all submittals.
- Serves as Secretary for the AMCP Foundation Board of Trustees.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD and at least eight (8) years’ experience in managed care.
- A minimum of at eight years in an executive management role with demonstrated experience in project management and financial management with P + L responsibility.
- A minimum of eight years of personnel management including the ability to manage large cross departmental teams.
- A minimum of three years of experience creating and implementing fundraising programs within large, complex organizations - preferably with a science or public health focus.
- Experience with Board of Directors management.