At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health?
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers; may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Pharmacy Operations for functional success?
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors; may manage business support, technical or production staff
- Has accountability for managing financial resources
- Provides technical guidance to employees
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies
- Applies expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to employees in own area
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, that impact the work of subordinates within job family; influences subordinates to support decision by presenting rationale/business case
- Role models Cardinal Health's high ethical standards and code of conduct
- Recognizes development needs and capability gaps in own area and arranges specific projects/assignments to address needs
- Proactively identifies talent internally and externally, including participation in succession planning process for job family
- Cascades organizational goals through the function/work area to the individual level and ensures individuals understand how they can contribute
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
- 3-5 years related pharmacy experience preferred in a hospital pharmacy setting
- Ability to develop, implement and lead all aspects of pharmacy operation
$20k Sign-on Bonus
Candidates Only Please, No Recruiters!
For information or to apply,
call 800.231.9807 ext. 1315
or fax 614.652.0803
© 2011 Cardinal Health. All rights reserved CARDINAL HEALTH, the Cardinal Health LOGO and Essential to care are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cardinal Health. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Lit. No. 5HR1896 (04/2010)