Clinical Pharmacist ensures safe, effective, and cost-efficient medication therapy is implemented for all patients in their care and monitor care appropriately. Clinical Pharmacists provide consultation to physicians, nursing staff, and patients to promote positive outcomes.Duties will include being responsible for the medication use process of preparing and dispensing medications and solving problems in the medication use process for patients and the organization. Additionally, Clinical Pharmacists will be responsible for the day-to-day operations in their assigned areas and direct the efforts of other pharmacy associates as appropriate to meet patient needs.
- Ability to become a licensed pharmacist in the State of Iowa.
- Experience is preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Pharmacy with a 5-year college program in pharmacy; completion of 1 year's pharmacy internship.
- Clinical Pharmacist must have one or more of the following: BS Pharmacy degree, PharmD degree, ASHP accredited residency or significant clinical experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively within health-system and pharmacy associates.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule.
- Ability to set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond quickly to emergency requests.
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgment and communicate effectively (orally and in writing).
- Ability to meet the pharmaceutical care needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric, psychiatric, oncology, obstetric, rehabilitation, and skilled-nursing patients.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission and vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health.