Designs, develops, and champions research-driven new products that meet customers’ needs and organizational goals and that amplify the Company’s mission and vision. Develops, implements, directs and manages a cross-functional, new product development function. Leads the Workers Compenstion - Pharmacy Benefit Managment organization in interpreting market conditions and environmental dynamics to formulate product and positioning strategies that seize market opportunities, positively differentiate the Company, and build competitive advantage.
- Designs, develops and implements products/projects utilizing project teams.
- Directs market research activities to gather and assess information on market demographics, buyer preferences, competitor profiles, and other environmental conditions as appropriate to identify new product ideas and services for consideration.
- Through an inclusive cross-functional process, encourages new product ideas across the organization (including Coventry affiliates) and fosters shared understanding of product/market concepts that are pertinent to target markets related to Workers Compensation - Pharmacy Benefit Management.
- Establishes a mechanism by which potential new product ideas will be selected for screening, approved or rejected for market testing, prioritized and measured against objectives.
- May install a standardized product development project planning method within the Workers Compensation , Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) and between the Company and centralized operations that are critical to the development and support of new product initiatives.
- May lead product development activities through all phases of concept screening, Steering Committee review, operational implementation, test marketing, prioritized and measured against objectives.
- May coordinate with legal to ensure compliance with applicable state’s DOI, and federal regulations pertaining to Company’s products. Oversees all applicable filing and product reviews/approvals. Creates new plans and revises existing plans when applicable.
- Negotiates with potential vendors/business partners to develop and execute new products and services or enhancements to existing ones.
- Designs and communicates a product life-cycle framework by which existing and new products can be evaluated for purposes of increased or decreased emphasis in the marketplace.
- Participates in internal and external sales, advisory council, and professional meetings to gain insight into needs, concerns and actions of primary constituents.
- Oversees product modification activities to ensure consistency with overall product and positioning strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years progressively increasing experience in business development or product management.
- 3+ years of experience with Worker's Compensation, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) with commercial business is required.
- Experience with competitive and target markets is required.
- Expertise in leading organizations through change processes to achieve successful implementation.
- Strong business and finanical acumen.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Results-oriented with willingness to take responsibility and initiative.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Sharepoint).
- This position does allow for a work at home or telecommuting option.
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and perse team.
Job: Executive/Senior Level Officials and Managers
Primary Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Other Locations: Downers Grove-Illinois-United States,Tampa-Florida-United States,Tampa-Florida-United States,West Sacramento-California-United States
Organization: 43000 - CHC Workers Compensation
Job Posting: 2012-11-29
Job ID: 1211623
Please apply online at http://jobs.coventryhealthcare.com/, job # 1211623