We are currently hiring for the following position:
Director of Pharmacy
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Cardinal Health Pharmacy Solutions, in partnership with Bon Secours Hospital in Baltimore, MD, has an immediate opening for a Director of Pharmacy.
Bon Secours Hospital, part of the award-winning Bon Secours Baltimore Health System, is a 142 bed full service hospital providing primary and emergency care as well as a host of other services to meet healthcare needs. Bon Secours’ approach to community health includes traditional as well as progressive methods of healthcare. Patients and communities are cared for holistically with traditional acute-care services along with an array of ambulatory and community services.
Who is Cardinal Health?
- Leading, global provider of information, products, services and technologies for the healthcare industry
- Ranked 19th in Fortune 500
- 32,000 employees worldwide
- $103 billion global company
Who is Pharmacy Solutions?
- We are one of the nation’s largest employers of acute care pharmacists because we offer a broad support network, in-depth training and development opportunities, diverse career opportunities and industry leading tools and resources.
- We provide hospital pharmacy consulting and remote pharmacy services, as well as inpatient and outpatient pharmacy management services.
- We bring 40 years of expertise in helping hundreds of hospitals improve both the financial predictability of the pharmacy and the quality of patient care.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures that promote cost-effective, appropriate, and safe medication use.
- Develops and maintains a medical staff-approved formulary.
- Ensures maintenance of an adequate medication supply. Ensures the integrity of the medication supply. Establishes specifications for the procurement of medications, chemicals, and biologicals.
- Ensures strict control and accountability for medications dispensed to patients or distributed to floor stock.
- Supervises all pharmacy personnel and recruits, interviews, promotes, disciplines, and terminates pharmacy staff.
- Develops job descriptions and performance standards. Evaluates and counsels staff on their performance.
- Provides for the educational needs of the pharmacy staff.
- Prepares a pharmacy budget annually.
- Reviews monthly financial statistics and plans expenditures within budget guidelines.
- Monitors and justifies all expenses exceeding budgeted targets.
- Ensures preparation and submission of patient charges and financial reports to administration in accordance with policy.
- Administers reports, documents, payroll records, statistical surveys, and other required data.
- Ensures compliance with health system policies and procedures that apply to pharmacy services. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
- 3-5 years related pharmacy experience
- Ability to develop, implement, and lead all aspects of pharmacy operation
- Proven customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
Apply online at: http://www.cardinal.com/us/en/careers/
Requisition ID: 13001142
Candidates Only Please, No Recruiters!
For information or to apply:
call 800.231.9807 ext. 1315
or fax 614.652.0803
© 2011 Cardinal Health. All rights reserved CARDINAL HEALTH, the Cardinal Health LOGO and Essential to care are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cardinal Health. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Lit. No. 5HR1896 (04/2010)