Pharmacy Inventory Analyst
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| HCA Healthcare|
Job Code: 07846-13722|
Pharmacy Inventory Analyst
Job Summary - The Pharmacy Inventory Analyst is responsible for managing and optimizing all inventory levels for a division consolidated pharmacy while achieving the company's service level goal. This includes review of facility generated pharmacy orders, maintaining contract compliance, communicating with the facility pharmacy staff on purchasing issues, sourcing products when primary items are unavailable, and other designated pharmacy functions.
Supervisor - Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Supervises - N/A
Key Interactions - CSC Pharmacy Manager, CSC Pharmacists, CSC Technicians, Facility Directors of Pharmacy, Facility Pharmacy Buyers, Purchasing Assistants, Internal Control, Pharmaceutical Distributor Representatives
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
• Maintain accurate inventory levels with an emphasis on service levels and inventory turns.
• Utilize system reports and knowledge of warehouse activities to maintain accurate inventory records.
• Communicate all significant inventory information to CSC Pharmacy Manager and Warehouse Logistics Manager to help facilitate shortage detection.
• Direct cycle counting program and assist in performance of cycle counts if needed
• Review and process GSO on determined days
• Assist in communicating and handling of product recalls.
• Assists facility pharmacy buyers on all product substitutions when backorders occur during the normal procurement process
• Assist CSC in maintaining required pedigree documentation for eligible products. (if applicable)
• Evaluate inventory levels, making adjustments to inventory/min/max/reorder levels, safety stock, lead times and inventory formulas to ensure sufficient supply to meet customer's needs while maintaining targeted inventory levels
• Assist in management of critical stock pile medications
• Handle process for return/destruction of all expired/recalled CSC pharmacy products
• Identify and analyze product trends by supplier and SKU and make recommendations for SKU reduction at CSC based on utilization data
• Monitor new releases (contract and or generic) and communicate to facility staff
• Facilitate communication of purchasing issues and requests to pharmacy GPO staff
• Work with pharmacy wholesaler to implement product and process improvements
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement:
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
• Judgment - Makes decisions based upon job knowledge and experience. Considers all impacted areas in decision process. Seeks advice where applicable. Judgment sensible and reliable.
• Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal Skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office, purchasing vendor applications and others as required
• Policies and Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic Skills - able to perform mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Management, Healthcare Administration, Supply Chain or similar preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years inventory management/purchasing experience in pharmacy or supply chain environment
• Knowledge of drug terminology and nomenclature preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHA CATEGORY - The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
Parallon Supply Chain's roots are in the hallways of some of America's top-performing hospitals. Join our organization and our team as we strive to provide our customers with a top-quality operation. Parallon offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off.
Last Edited: 08/10/2017