Show me jobs like this one
| Job Ref: ||
| Employer: || Jackson Pharmacy Professionals|
| City: ||
| State: ||
Jackson Pharmacy Professionals
Hospital Pharmacist opening in Savannah, TN!
Full-Time Hospital Pharmacist opportunity that is perfect if you are looking for a great new opportunity! This is a great position if you're looking for a competitive contract to learn and develop your skills in a new pharmacy setting. EPIC experience, preferred. Top Compensation! Shift time is 7:30am - 8pm weekdays and some weekends. Holidays may be scheduled as needed.
- Provides appropriate pharmacy services and care to the following age groups: infancy, childhood, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. This care will be delivered in accordance with established standards of performance.
- Reviews, interprets and dispenses prescriptions for inpatients and registered outpatients using computerization. Ensures that overdoses or underdoses have not been prescribed and that incompatibilities or toxic compounds will not result from combining ingredients.
- Maintains computer records.
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients; compounds and prepares medication, emulsions, liquids, powders, and ointments using such equipment as graduates, balance, mortars, pestles, and funnels.
- Contacts and confers with physician if there are any questions or irregularities regarding medication orders or prescriptions.
- Makes regular rounds to nursing units and delivers medications.
- Consults with physicians and nursing staff members concerning the availability, form, side effects, and possible incompatibilities of new as well as currently used drugs.
- Types prescription information for identification and use of medication and attaches label to the container following the general dispensing format.
- Maintains inventory and records on narcotics and other forms of drugs as required by law.
- Inspects Pharmacy inventory to ensure drugs that are outdated and/or have lost their potency are removed from stock and replaced.
- Dispenses additives for I.V. and irrigating solutions; mixes I.V. additive solutions and chemotherapy as required using aseptic technique with the laminar air flow hood.
- Organizes daily operational duties in the dispensing function. Supportive personnel including technicians and clerical subordinates are under the direction of a Pharmacist.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of clinical consults such as physician order clarification, allergy checking, gentamicin/vancomycin dosing, dosage monitoring and recommendations.
- Makes an active role in patient monitoring and is involved in patient educational programs.
- Available as a drug information resource person for other staff and physicians.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned projects designated by the manager.
- Responsible for the documentation and follow-up of all reported adverse drug reactions.
- Attends required annual employee inservices, as well as any other inservice designated by the manager. Is responsible for maintaining these records.
- Maintains good working knowledge by attending outside continuing education programs, reading journals, etc. Maintains licensure status by keeping continuing education requirements on file.
- Responsible for teaching/training of students.
- 1-3+ years' experience as a Staff/Clinical/ IV Pharmacist
- TN License Pharmacist in good standing with the board
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
If you are interested in this please apply today! We are conducting interviews ASAP!
Lead Pharmacy Recruiter
JPP - Jackson Pharmacy Professionals
Direct: 407-249-3152 | 800.774.7785 x3452
My LinkedIn | Contact Us | F: 866-543-3176
Copyright © PharmacyWeek, Inc. 2016